We’re excited to announce that our next Community All-Hands will be on Thursday March 11th, 2021. This quarterly event is a unique opportunity for Docker staff and the broader Docker community to come together for live company updates, product updates, demos, community shout-outs and Q&A.
As luck would have it, this All-Hands will coincide with Docker’s 8th birthday (yay!) so to mark the occasion, we’re going to make this event extra special by introducing a longer format (ie. 3 hours instead of 1 hour) and lots more content (ie. demos, community lightning talks and workshops). We’re also going to be using a cool new video platform that makes it much easier to engage/connect/share with speakers and attendees.
We’re still adding finishing touches to the agenda but the event to unfold as follows:
Part 1 : Staff Updates
- The first hour (8am-9am PST / 5pm-6pm CET) will focus on company and product updates, demos and a live Q&A with participation from Docker executive staff, including Scott Johnston (CEO), Justin Cormack (CTO), Donnie Berkholz (VP of Products) and Jean-Laurent de Morlhon (VP of Engineering)
Part 2: Community Presentations
- The second hour (9am-10am PST/6pm-7pm CET) will focus on live lightning talks, demos and workshops run by Docker Captains so that attendees can deep dive into particular areas of interest. The session schedule is as follows:
- Image-building best practices (10 min) - Michael Irwin and Peter McKee
- Understanding the design of images (manifests, configs, layers) (20 min) - Brandon Mitchell
- Build a standardized dev environment using container and compose (20 min) - Nick Janetakis
- ENTRYPOINTS for Development (10 min, proposal) - Jacob Howard
- Container support in Visual Studio (10 min) Julie Lerman
- The Revival of depends_on: condition in Compose (10 min) - Jacob Howard
- VS Code Docker extension quick look (10min) Julie Lerman
- 12-factor high level talk (30 min) - Michael Irwin
- Repurposing Container Technologies for Development (30 min) - Jacob Howard
- buildx bake adoption --push (20min) - Kevin Alvarez
Part 3: Regional Workshops/Panel Discussions
- For the last hour of the event (10am-11am PST/7pm-8pm CET) Docker Captains from Spain, France and Brazil will be hosting regional workshops in Spanish, French and Portuguese.